darrell;689167 Wrote:
> There is an easy answer to all this: a statistically significant double
> blind test. If such a test proves to an acceptable degree of certainty
> *that* a difference exists, then we can move on to investigating *why*
> it exists. But not until then, because there are an infinite number of
> things we could "assume", and we don't have the time to investigate
> then all.

AFAIK contrary to what regalma1 says there have been studies which have
shown that people can tell properly low pass filtered material from the
original with 40 kHz or whatever bandwidth.

Plus we have to wonder why adults are not bothered by anti teenager
mosquito devices, ultrasonic machinery  or indeed noise shaping,

--
adamdea