Adam,

In short, no.

The question is how low jitter has to be before it is inaudible. Surely
it is better to concentrate on reducing the jitter sensitivity of the
spdif receiver of the dac. My dac is designed to greatly reduce the
significance of jitter on distortion, so perhaps this is why I haven't
heard any clearly discernable differences from using the soundcheck
mods, flac or wave playback and so on.

Stereophile's measurements of the analogue outputs playing a test tone
showed that jitter products were below 120db whether streaming from
wifi or playing from a USB stick. I conclude from this that network
activity has very little effect on jitter, at least when d to a
conversion is done by the touch.

See
http://www.stereophile.com/content/logitech-squeezebox-touch-network-music-player-measurements
for more info.