that does not explain such pure idiotic conclusions that wav-flac-wav
should sound different, this is not a real time problem you can copy
and move around those files and play them later but still TAS claims
that a identical copy (thats the definition of copy, it is really the
same and in the computer world a copy really is a copy ) somehow sounds
different .

This conclusion are reached with the same methods they used for their
other computer audio tests That clearly idicates that no other
conclusion reached by their methods can be trusted , they have not
accomplished anything but fud .

They are a lot of things we don't know why not focus on them. TAS is
trying to cast fud on things we actually do know for certain .

It's where the honesty comes in to play .

A much simpler and straightforward method would be to measure the
different outcome via traditional methods and/or ADM discard the nulls
and things that should really be inaudible  by what we already know
about human perception , but keep the dubious cases in the Grey area.

The remaining cases could then could be subjected to ABX testing .

99.998 of thier BS would disappear in round one as the connected DAC
would have identical output so there is no need to listen if the output
is exactly the same . The remaining dubius cases would be impossible to
tell apart during controlled listening .

If you don't do rigorous controlled testing (ab and abx and similar )
your results is not considered data, they just don't carry any
information at all about what you are trying to test, placebo and other
kinds of bias is overwhelming any real result even if it's there in the
noise somewhere.

I'm assuming DAC here no true believer in audiophilia would use the
analog out from a PC :) but the result would hold true for the better
of todays soundcards

--
Mnyb

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad 64gB wifi +3g with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )