TheOctavist wrote:
> I have done this often to bands I record(or to myself). I do a take, and
> hit a switch on , say an eq only to hear "damn that was good" ...but I
> hadn't engaged anything at all, but put it from OFF into bypass mode. .
>

> I do this with bands too. ill say "im going to change this compressor a
> bit" and without doing anything, I replay the take, they go "damn brah,
> that sounds much better"
Thanks, and I personally don't find that surprising. But I really was
looking for some of the purported "well documented cases where
sufficiently large population of double blind testers were reporting
significant differences", which I also interpreted (perhaps foolishly)
the 'significant differences' to be the statistically-relevant kind.