Note that I specifically said that the tests I had run were done in the
same room as the stereo system, usually 6-8 feet away, NOT several rooms
away.

These tests happened about 5 years ago when I took my SB3 over to a
friends house to show it off, how nice it was to use and how good the
sound was from such an inexpensive box, and that it could work well with
his expensive DAC. I was running  this off my laptop with the server on
the laptop and using the web interface to control things. After
listening for a while he said that he could hear a change in the sound
when I was actively doing things with the computer (searching for the
next song to play etc). Well that surprised me I had never heard that
before. We then started doing some tests to see if it was related to the
fact that it was the computer with the server or if it was just the
laptop in general. We loaded the server on his Mac mini and sure enough,
working with my laptop caused a change  in the  sound, even if it had
nothing  to do with the  sound flow (server on another computer,
playback from SB3). We tried this with one of his laptops and got
similar results. Doing things with the Mac mini didn't cause any change,
but it was not in the room  with the stereo.

This got me thinking about how computers can affect things. I started
running tests in my system, and other peoples systems. We did find that
there was significant difference in sensitivities, some systems more
than others. At this point I was not interested in a more rigorous
testing to try and figure out correlations (what was it about a system
that made it more sensitive).

The thing about the mouse was not a wireless mouse, just the increase
in activity in the computer when moving  the mouse. Interestingly the
couple places I have heard this have NOT been on "audiophile" systems,
but at peoples houses with "normal" systems. I was at one ladies house,
she  had the stereo on but the song had stopped playing, she was working
at her laptop, we could definitely hear a grinding sound coming from the
speakers, changing in concert with the movements of the mouse. I have
heard something similar to this at another friend's house, again not an
audiophile system.

Since this has little to do with the thread topic I'll shut up now.

John S.