michael123 wrote:
> Weiss Media+ is state of the art product, sound-wise and
> measurement-wise.
> .. if you care about measurements..
> It is a 20,000$ piece, though
>
> what I am thinking.. when my Transporter will retire.. is either to get
> a MAN301 streamer or build a PC + Medea..

The Weiss Media+ was not the list in question. Anyway my point was that
the audiophile community, which in turn is at least partly driven by the
audiophile press, is always claiming "sound quality that will surpass
the sound quality of (insert any name here) by a huge margin" when, in
fact, the differences are marginal at best and make believe at worst.
Add to this the fact that the differences are often just that. i.e.
differences, with no real improvement in sound.

When discussing DACs I do feel that can be and often are audible
differences units but most of these differences occur on the analog side
of things after the conversion of the digital signal, which is why "high
end" music streamers are such a lot of bull. The lowly SB Touch will
"sound" exactly the same as any and all mega-buck digital streamers when
its digital output is fed into any and all mega-buck DACs. And, no I
don't have to listen to each and every combination just as I don't have
to jump off a tall building to know that the force of gravity is going
to hurl me to the ground below - see that's how scientific FACTS and
LAWS work.