The Transporter's DAC is not capable of reproducing sound anywhere near
the level of my Cary 306 SACD, which is a great player, but a solid
notch down on top shelf DACs.  That is, one will hear a clear and
convincing improvement (Cary over Transporter) in all aspects of
fidelity in a system comprised of gear capable of reproducing the finest
detail.  I feel badly for anyone participating in discussion on an
"Audiophile" forum who has never had the experience of hearing a true
hi-end DAC in their own system.

Note that a DAC won't make much difference in a low or mid-fi system.  A
hi-end DAC, or any other hi-end component, won't make much difference in
an untreated listening space with the speakers in the corners and the
listening position back up agains the wall.  Likewise, a comparison of a
Porsche 911 and a Toyota Camry on black ice will both turn out the same.