Archimago wrote:
> I had to use the online dictionary - I guess quisling means 'traitor',
> right?
>
> Maybe we should put together a 'wall of shame' of mastering engineers
> and post it up somewhere :-)  Anyone else you guys would nominate...
> someone whose body of work has resulted in sonic disasters like
> clipping, severe dynamic range compression turned up to 15/10?
>
> Personally the worst mastering I have seen is The Stooges' "Raw Power"
> with DR0 (yup, dynamic range of ZERO dB)... But that was done with Iggy
> Pop's guidance so I guess the artist wanted that :-(

And it could be problematic anyway the artist could be missguided and
convinced by the record company's exec that" it is supposed to sound
like that nowadays " Metallica , Rush .

And the master engineer is usually a hired hand that does what he is
toold to do .
But as you say it could have gone to the other extreme someone finding a
livelihood being really good at this sham work :/ and hence gets all,the
work from the record companies and ,yes undermining the whole art form
.
But it could be hard to draw the line and they are actually people .

We may be better by continue the usual practice of single out the bad
masters and write about that