rolski wrote:

> Some of us however think that magicians are actually immoral - and we
> don't like people to be taken advantage of.  Maybe we should mind our
> own business & let the world go to hell ?

The world of magic, as in stage magic, provides a useful context for
this debate.  I have personally known prominent stage magicians (among
them the late Doug Henning).  That world revolves around illusion --
"doing" things that really just can' be done.  It's skilled artifice,
the creation of false reality.

The difference between the audience in that world and the audience for
our friends the audiophile-magicians, is that no one actually believes
the former are doing the things they pretend to be doing.  No pretty
ladies actually sawed in half.  The audiophile-magicians, though, want
us to believe that they really have reduced jitter to inaudible levels.

R.