SoftwireEngineer wrote:
> oh my goodness, I must be deluded :-) .. You guys need to come over to
> my place and blind test me :-)
> Anyways, this is what Stereophile has to say -
>
> at  - http://www.stereophile.com/content/case-jitters
>
> Can you do similar tests with the RMAA suite ?
>
> (BTW, what do you mean by - "Subjectively, likewise, the Touch sounds
> great played through the Essence 1..." ? Also, "subjectively" do you
> notice any difference in sound between the toslink and coax)

Yes, I can do similar tests with the Dunn J-test like what Stereophile
talks about but obviously not at the level of resolution as the AP
machine John Atkinson utilizes. The test is different from the RightMark
data so far presented since RMAA cannot do the analysis.

That's why I asked earlier if anyone knows the FFT parameters / software
best used to analyze the data...  I do agree with the quote when it said
papers have suggested the threshold of audibility is in the nanosecond
range since this has been my personal experience with simulated jitter
tests. These days, all competently engineered equipment should have
jitter measurements in the picosecond range which is likely an order of
magnitude below audibility.