jh901 wrote:
> If push came to shove, then I'd give Dennis Had the benefit of the
> doubt.  The SLP-05 is world class.  The design of the power supply was
> not taken lightly.

I don't really care if a piece of electronics was designed by Albert
Einstein, Harry Nyquist, Bono or Pope Francis. Design decisions are (or
should be) rational decisions, and can be justified based on rational
reasons (be they technical, financial or whatever), and can be discussed
rationally. That is why I am asking for a rational reason to use a
rectifier valve - and just referring to the reputation of the designer
is not much of a rational argument.