Julf wrote:
> I don't really care if a piece of electronics was designed by Albert
> Einstein, Harry Nyquist, Bono or Pope Francis. Design decisions are (or
> should be) rational decisions, and can be justified based on rational
> reasons (be they technical, financial or whatever), and can be discussed
> rationally. That is why I am asking for a rational reason to use a
> rectifier valve - and just referring to the reputation of the designer
> is not much of a rational argument.

Can you really find any rationale for tubes in modern audio , I think
tubes in modern equipment is quackery , you can always get better
performance for a fraction of the cost with transistors or OP amps .

Now I mean real performance not the "blacker blacks" and "lifted veils"
described in clownspeak in TAS .

There is a measure of person cult in audio design it is more or less
unavoidable , but traditional audiophilia sometimes idolises charlatans
. Designing expensive cables or tube gear is a tell tale .