jh901 wrote:
> The mastering engineering which was reponsible for the vast majority of
> albums re-released on CD (after the original CD release in the 80s) in
> the 90s is where the loudness wars impact was felt.  Dynamics were lost
> in an effort to maximize volume.  Dynamics were destroyed.
>
> Do you have any CDs pressed post 1992 (reissued/remastered) for albums
> originally recorded in the 60s or 70s?  If so, then in all likelihood
> there is a far better representation of the album originally released on
> CD in the 80s.

Have you forgotten (or maybe you are just too young to remember) how in
the 1980's many of the newly issued CDs of material originally recorded
in analog and first issued on vinyl were being questioned by audiophiles
because:

1) the vinyl master was used for the CD with the RIAA equalization
unchanged.

2) high generation copies of master tapes were used instead of the
original masters.

There were a few other reasons which I can't recall at the moment but
what I'm trying to say is that the audiophile community always finds
something to complain about.