Mnyb wrote:
> Not quite like that the DAC's may offcourse be different but anything
> goes as a transport to the DAC given its async USB2 ?
>
> ... .

Agree, yes theoretically (for that matter Touch is also an asynch
transport). But there are reviews of various async usb transports in
various forums. Actually, one person has compared 10-15 transport and
the current kind of the hill is either the Audiophilleo or the Berkeley
Audio Design Alpha. You can never see these in the used market yet. Very
hot. But with my technical background, I dont have the heart to pay $1K
or above for just a converter. I might if it shows up in the used market
so see what the fuss is all about and then put it back on audiogon.