ralphpnj wrote:
> Another example of an audio myth with roots in good science and bad
> logic. Cleaning dirty, inexpensive and poorly made interconnects results
> in a slight improvement in the sound therefore thoroughly cleaning
> already clean, expensive and well interconnects MUST result in improved
> sound. You gotta love audiophile logic. It has its own rules.

If it had rules, I'd be OK. But often there are no rules, just inane
urban myths and 'my dad can beat your dad' pissing contest mentality.

These things tend to happen when people give free reins to their
metaphysical impulses. By that I mean buying into any dogma, hook, line
and sinker, without verifying personally any of the claims. Same as food
consumption, audio consumption ought to be strictly an empirical
discipline. In short, no matter how 'correct' or appetizing the recipe
may look, if the food tastes bad, it is bad, period. And vice versa, of
course.