netchord wrote:
> this is precisely my point.  i do want good sound, and could give a fig
> whether it's "accurate" in the engineering sense or not.  I've spent
> over 10 years performing real live classical music in major concert
> halls in the UK, France, Italy, Germany, and the US.  i know what real
> music, and good sound, sound like.

Having performed myself, don't you find what you hear (and feel) while
performing is different than what you hear (and feel) while out in the
audience? Personally, I don't think what I actually hear while
performing is stellar (behind some, in front of others, etc.), but it is
offset by the experience of performing, and working with the other
performers. Very different for me from being in the audience and getting
the probably better balanced acoustics of the performance.