Daverz wrote:
> I have to say, I don't trust results with headphones, because of the way
> they tend to collapse spatial information.  But then all that matters is
> the results on the equipment that you'll use for your own listening.
>
> So how does one do a proper ABX on a squeezebox?  What I've done before
> is create a playlist of clips, hit random play, flip my ipad over, and
> start taking notes.  Then the notes can be compared to the actual
> playlist order.  But I don't think that qualifies as ABX.
>
> I would also want to test 24/44 against 16/44.  I have an impression
> that the bit depth matters, but it's untested.

I've modified this schema a bit i made a folder with 10 of each version
i want to compare and make sure the tagging is identical so it would not
be obvius which version is what and press shuffle .

Ive done the 24/96 vs 16/44.1 comparision a lot of times = no
difference

Note this !* you have to make the low rez versions yourself, the CD
layer or alternate versions of the same songs are very rarely from the
same master then you would not compare the same thing*
I would not even trust the different version on HD tracks to really be
the same .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4