Gandhi wrote:

> I'd like to, but dare not use subwoofers. I have a neighbor with such a
> contraption and this buildning clearly wasn't constructed with that in
> mind. I don't want to stress my neighbors more that I already do. And I
> do. But just for adding to my brainweight, or in case I move house soon
> (I'm looking), please let me know any good ideas.

Surprisingly, not all sub-woofers are created equal :rolleyes:

I have found that the ones intended for home theater low frequency
effects are rarely appropriate for music reproduction. They rumble and
shake most impressively, but don't have the same tight, punchy bass that
I get from my Quads.

There are subs specifically designed for music that provide nice
reinforcement in the 30-60Hz range that many monitor/bookshelf sized
speakers struggle to reproduce well.

Win7Pro(x64)[3.3Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD system, 15TB storage], LMS
7.9.0 -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic ->
NAD C160 -> 2 x NAD C272 -> Quad 22L2