I used to rail against all compression but sometimes it's fitting, if
done well, in certain genres. It's not welcome necessarily, but it
doesn't spell death for an album for me. Especially if certain elements
in the mix are compressed and others not. If Busta Rhymes bass kicks and
Two Door Cinema club pops and bounces then perhaps that's okay after
all!

However, I'm totally against compressed remasters, radio stations, any
process that applies compression indiscriminately. As Clive and Ralph
discuss, there are better solutions available.

Check it, add to it! http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/richpub/listmania/byauthor/A3H57URKQB8AQO/ref=cm_pdp_content_listmania/203-7606506-5721503.

SB Touch