Archimago wrote:
> No I don't think it's unnecessarily literal... Fact is that I think even
> DSD can be coded in some way after seeing all the SACD rips where the
> original signal looks to be nothing but upsampled 44/48kHz. So I think
> seriously it can be done. The question is why bother as you noted...
>
> Speaking of digital cables, I notice that Lavorgna and AudioStream has
> put up another "all talk" post on "Cables, Bits, and Noise" trying to
> justify ethernet again. Again, no empirical demonstration about
> anything, just theoretical descriptions of boogeymen like RF and
> computer noise. -Notice they don't talk about jitter anymore :-).-
>
> I wanted to put up a response just reminding them as I had before that
> they really should *demonstrate* with some real equipment and cables how
> this will impact the analogue output (maybe show the difference between
> one of your freebie USB's vs. precious JCAT?). Maybe John Swenson can
> show us something since they seem to like what he says. Alas, it looks
> like they've blocked my login! I don't think I was nasty over there and
> don't remember any heated exchanges... I guess dissenting opinion is
> eating into the "bottom line".

Seriously you expected AudioStream NOT to block your login? Since the
whole thing is about making money by pedaling BS anyone who calls out
their total BS is going to be banned, it's that simple. Anyway please
keep up the good fight.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos