rgro wrote:
> No harm, no foul!  I will readily admit that, in years past, I've had my
> dalliances (as many others have) with tweaks, etc. that have proven to
> be harmless, but useless.  My wire and interconnects are decent quality
> and reasonably priced stuff from Blue Jeans.  I do not believe that a
> uber-expensive Ethernet or usb cables are going to change the sound of
> my system.  I do not believe that one version of my server o/s is going
> to sound better than the other, etc., etc.   The hardware in my system
> is solid quality stuff but I do keep an open mind---particularly in the
> analog noise end of things---that there may be some brilliant and
> ethical folks out there that could come up with some ways to reduce
> noise that we pretty much know is there.  What the audible effect of
> that is...I do not know.  However, there seem to be a fair number of
> unrelated folks out there who have tried this REGEN in their systems and
> report comparable, audible results--along the lines of "I didn't know
> there was noise there until it was removed".  Expectation/perceptual
> bias?...at $175, I'm not sure why, then, all the hoopla to justify a
> rather small investment. But, truly, I don't know and I've not seen any
> double blind tests that might serve to empirically verify.
Yep, agreed, there are a lot of dead ends & cul-de-sacs in this audio
hobby. A fair number of disappointments if you try every tweak/device
that purports to improve the sound. It's difficult to tease out the ones
that will deliver Vs the ones that won't - there are so many use cases &
variables involved. As you say, a consensus of improvement by enough
people on diverse systems with no obvious fanboy bias, is probably a
good start to identifying products which may be worth personally
checking out.