arnyk wrote:
> Ignores the fact that the article discussed more than just the Regen
> device.
>
> I'll stand on the relevance of my quotes - how can be wrong if they are
> taken directly from the cited article?
>
> Enough of this OT banter - the article was well written, somewhat wide
> ranging, and concluded quite clearly.

Well it seems clear to me that the article clearly states that the 8KHz
noise from the USB protocol engine is not the target of the Regen but
rather the USB PHY noise. The 3rd paragraph of the article reads:
"This packet noise consists of two parts: noise from the USB protocol
engine and from the USB PHY. The protocol engine noise does not depend
on the input signal quality, just the data, so its impact is always
going to be the same no matter what is done with the input.
*_The_PHY_is_the_part_that_actually_connects_to_the_electrical_signals_on_the_bus,_ITS_contribution_to_packet_noise_IS_dependent_on_the_quality_of_the_input_signal._This_is_the_part_the_REGEN_targets._*

So please explain why both you & Archimago ignore this distinction &
then proceed to confuse matters with red-herrings about 8KHz noise?