rgro wrote:
> That is precisely my setup.  I have a Vortexbox micro appliance (small,
> Linux-based pc/server)  which has only analog and USB outputs.  So, I am
> feeding the Benchmark dac with an el cheapo (I know you'll approve,
> Ralph) USB cable.  This is, indeed, why my interest was piqued.

Arent the benchmarks famed for thier unusually disturbance resilient
inputs and are they not generaly consider really input agnostic ,looks
like a good DAC if i ever needed one (in my current system they are in
the loudspeakers ).
A true fit and forget machine just connect your sources and kick back
and load some playlists :)

And in general this discusion may well be piontless on several levels .

There is no conclusive evidence that you can hear diffrences for any
digital input (if not the dac is broken by design ) .

There is afaik no cause for ultra hirez  , thou i own >100 DVDA discs so
I know and have a true DVDA player that sends uncompromised digital data
to my speakers digital xover

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )