Most of the time I love an esoteric discussion. :-)

I'v come to understand that the audiophile Transporter sports a AKM4396
DAC where as the Touch has a mere (?) AKM4420. The specs can be found
'here ' (http://www.akm.com/akm/en/file/datasheet/AK4420ET.pdf)and
'here' (http://www.akm.com/akm/en/file/datasheet/AK4396VF.pdf). Ain't
that cute? now we can compare apples with apples.
The THD+N of the 4420 is claimed to be -92dB, the 4396 has a -100dB on
44.1kHz and a -97dB on 96 or 192kHz but the transporter only supports 96
material.

Let's assume that the human ear will not be able differentiate between
8dB of harmonic distortion (it won't, will it?), will the better
reference voltage of the transporter be able to make a essential
better/stable digital-analog conversion?

Having a Denon AVR 1912, sporting AK5358BET it is not clear if it has a
THD (look 'here'
(http://www.akm.com/akm/en/file/datasheet/AK5358BET.pdf)) but it
probably has, would I be better off listening to the DAC of Denon or the
ones off Squeezeboxes?

Logitech Media Server 7.9.0 / Arch64 / Intel 945GCLF2
Living:'Transporter Second Edition (smashing wiki page!)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Transporter), 'Touch'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Squeezebox_Touch), 'Denon AVR
1912'
(http://www.denon-hifi.ch/ch/product/pages/product-detail.aspx?catid=hometheatre&subid=avreceivers&productid=avr1912)'
+ two CM8, two CM1, CMC'
(http://www.bowers-wilkins.net/Speakers/Home_Audio/CM_Series)
Study:'Classic, Quad 303 + two Quad ESL 57'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?43875-A-SB3-a-Quad-303-and-the-left-hand-ESL)
Kitchen:'Radio White'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Squeezebox_Radio)
'last.fm' (http://www.last.fm/user/th00ht), 'SoS, '