Archimago wrote:
> I've always wondered if BruteFIR can be converted to Windows. I don't
> see why not! Anyone out there have done this?

I have often wondered if it could be done with Cygwin. It would seem
reasonable, but I have not found a port yet and my skill set does not
include such matters. Cygwin gurus! Do ya thang!

Archimago wrote:
> I wasn't clear from the Acourate web site, but is there any issue
> creating correction filters for surround sound/5.1+ systems? If it can
> do surround, I'm ready to whip out the credit card...

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=87579.0
"There is a description of one process for multichannel on acourate in
the acourate yahoo group (registration required), it boils down to
treating it as a set of stereo channels (l+r, l+c, l+sr etc)."

With this methodology one could even use REW (which is stereo only), but
it would be quite messy. BruteFIR supports an arbitrary number of
channels.

But I'll stop yapping about REW and BruteFIR now. :-)

Best Regards,
Gandhi

not often enough well recorded and mastered cds *|* dbpoweramp with
accuraterip *|* flac *|* fanless asrock z77e-itx intel i5-3570t *|*
ubuntu 12.04.1 lts 32-bit *|* lms 7.8.0 *|* brutefirdrc 3.0 (rewv5) *|*
transporter (balanced out) *|* thule ia252b *|* audio physic scorpio *|*
no fancy cables. *+* also some booms. *+* harmony 525s for them all,
including waking the server from s3.