krzys wrote:
> Archimago first I want to thank you for your work comparing different
> equipment and samplings and .... I followed it since I'm an early SB
> user (from SB2) but not anymore now.
>
> There is so much to say on that subject. I will try to summarize.
> I switched for Acourate for a lot different reasons. First I had the
> stereo only DRC version of Audiolense. When I wanted to go to Digital XO
> and I had to made choice between the both A... software. I read
> everything I could (there are some comparisons, maybe not complete but
> google Acourate vs Audiolense).
> I went to Acourate based on some good reports from very knowledgeable
> people like Mitchco and Bob Katz, both sound engineers.
> I can't compare directly the XO versions.  I think that Audiolense is a
> very good package, user friendly but a bit too automated. Acourate is
> more open but with a long learning curve. There is no manual per se but
> Mitchco wrote some articles and the designer, Uli B., helps a lot via
> email or via the Yahoo group. Acourate is very powerful, not so friendly
> and not for a beginner or for somebody who looks for simplicity. But for
> a guy like you ;), no problem.....
> The results are very good. This is the best sound I ever had and it is
> for 4 way with two additional subs and three horns from 250 Hz up.....in
> a to small room. My friend made the same choice and it uses it just to
> DRC his commercial Focal speakers with very nice results too.
>
> Acourate produces filters in stereo (by channel) wav format perfect for
> any convolution engine. I use JRiver with 10 channels convolution.
> Chris

Thanks for the note Chris! Sounds like you have one heck of a tuned
speaker set-up! I'll have to think about trying my hand at this one day
:-).

I wasn't clear from the Acourate web site, but is there any issue
creating correction filters for surround sound/5.1+ systems? If it can
do surround, I'm ready to whip out the credit card...

Archimago's Musings: (archimago.blogspot.com) A 'more objective'
audiophile blog.