jh901 wrote:
> Indeed.
>

> The hi-end "server" market continues to work itself out.  For me, I want
> most of what you suggest except that I want internal storage and a USB
> output for use with a USB DAC.  The wi-fi would only be used for tablet
> functions.  Seems that Aurender and Antipodes have nice products, but
> prices are going to come WAY down while performance gets even better
> within another year or two.
>
> I'd also the suggest the same for DACs.  The competition is white hot
> and I plan to take advantage in a year or so once the dust has settled.
>

> User forum feedback and customer reviews are valuable.  Pro reviews have
> value also.  None alone will paint the whole picture.  I have a fairly
> revealing system by hi-end standards, so I'm in a good position to take
> all available info into account and then decide for myself which
> products are worth it.

JH901. Have you not been running a computer music server all this time!?
Did you used to own a Squeezebox?

Missing out man! It doesn't cost much to buy a simple quiet/silent
computer and storage these days and start the ripping/tagging process!
Invest in a good DAC and you'll be able to use it when you transfer
things over to the machine you intend to upgrade to in a year or 2 if
you're waiting for the market to mature! Of course, from my perspective
sound quality is a function of the DAC, not the computer itself...

Archimago's Musings: (archimago.blogspot.com) A 'more objective'
audiophile blog.