Gandhi wrote:
> Correct. I have repeatedly stated this. Proof is needed for _anyone_ to
> _know_. But the burden of proof is on the _manufacturer_.
>

> Sure. Things are reported every day. But just because they are reported
> doesn't necessarily make them true. They might be, or they might not.
> Some people report seeing UFOs. Does that proove the existence of UFOs?
> No. But UFOs might still exist. Or not. Who knows? Proof is needed to
> know for sure.
>
> But it's also important to make another distinction. Probably most
> reporters report their findings because they believe them to be true.
> They are not evil people. Some might do it for other reasons, while
> knowing it's not true.
Right, I was just wondering how all those who claim the transparency of
current DACs would reconcile their position if they listened to the
Regen? Of course, refusing to listen to such a device will save their
embarrassment. But some such objectivists have the 'courage to listen'
(http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f8-general-forum/gordon-rankin-says-im-wrong-about-universal-serial-bus-industry-standard-cables-connectors-and-communications-protocols-between-computers-and-electronic-devices-cable-sound-20814/index41.html#post444529)

> "I am keeping my Regen Amber. I did not find the difference to be an
> obvious slam dunk. It is like many differences I have found in digital
> audio - a small but noticeable and worthwhile improvement. That via a
> galvanically isolated Exasound DAC..............
> As an objectivist I was skeptical, but I am fairly confident now in my
> conclusions. As I said earlier, results with different DACs might vary,
> as in YMMV.
>
> So, I now agree that cables and devices like Regen might make something
> of a difference."

Instead of demanding DBTs &/or measurements, I find this a much more
honest position.