Gandhi wrote:
> We actually agree. Perhaps I was unclear. I'll try again.
>
> Science is a method that has to be learned. In general people can
> actually plan things and that must be one of our few advanteges on this
> harsh earth. But some individuals have always been really good at that
> they are genetically equipped with a sizable working memory, greater
> than the average. It can also be trained. It enables deeper, more
> abstract thinking, which is needed to think logically, plan ahead etc.
> Everybody can't just mimic each other, nothing new would ever be
> invented. We have made a great many inventions over the time, not just
> fire and baking, which may have been found out in the wild and mimiced.
> Also very important ideas like money, credit, insurance etc, that are
> not found in nature. Not to mention hunting methods, building methods
> and materials etc. Our forefathers may not have used the precise
> scientific method, but they could think. However, at some point in time
> we might have reached a critical mass, where the average intelligence
> enabled us to make our living conditions significally better? It could
> perhaps happen because people started living in larger communities. (If
> you live in a tribe and meet 50 people in a lifetime, your brain might
> not get as much impressions, and therefore training, as if you live in
> NYC.)

Yes I understand what you're saying. Please keep in mind that throughout
human history religion has acted, more often than not, as a kind of
throttle on scientific knowledge and keeping the faithful "in the dark"
regarding science, especially when the science runs counter to religious
beliefs, helps to enable better "control" of the faithful. Add into this
the fact while events will happen as they may, history is always written
by those in power and throughout history religious leaders have been
very powerful indeed. In other words, suppression of knowledge has
always been a useful tool for those in power, as can be seen in my
previous comments regarding climate change and zombie lies.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos