I've heard a lot of youtube lectures on this topic . But i have not yet
bougth the book

http://www.michaelshermer.com/the-believing-brain/

Yes I frequent sceptic websites to and are an active sceptic locally .

Quote from it:

"
We form our beliefs for a variety of subjective, personal, emotional,
and psychological reasons in the context of environments created by
family, friends, colleagues, culture, and society at large; after
forming our beliefs we then defend, justify, and rationalize them with a
host of intellectual reasons, cogent arguments, and rational
explanations. Beliefs come first, explanations for beliefs follow.

Dr. Shermer also provides the neuroscience behind our beliefs. The brain
is a belief engine. From sensory data flowing in through the senses the
brain naturally begins to look for and find patterns, and then infuses
those patterns with meaning. The first process Dr. Shermer calls
*patternicity*: the tendency to find meaningful patterns in both
meaningful and meaningless data. The second process he calls
*agenticity:* the tendency to infuse patterns with meaning, intention,
and agency.

We can’t help believing. Our brains evolved to connect the dots of our
world into meaningful patterns that explain why things happen. These
meaningful patterns become beliefs. Once beliefs are formed the brain
begins to look for and find confirmatory evidence in support of those
beliefs, which adds an emotional boost of further confidence in the
beliefs and thereby accelerates the process of reinforcing them, and
round and round the process goes in a positive feedback loop of belief
confirmation......
"

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )