d6jg wrote:
> The head shells contain - an Ortofon VMS20E (my favourite but I struggle
> to get new styli), an Ortofon 2m Red, a Stanton 500E, an unknown
> cartridge that came with the Sherwood and an empty headshell that I am
> thinking of installing an AT95 into.
The fact you have a selection of cartridges suggests to me that perhaps
your planned use of the turntable may be a little outside the
mainstream. What exactly is your goal here? Do you plan on selecting the
best matched cartridge for each of your LPs? That seems a little over
the top, unless your intention is to do needledrops (ie. digital
transfer of LPs). If that is the case, then being able to easily switch
cartridges to find the best match makes sense. And if that is indeed
what you are planning, then you might also want a pickup arm that allows
you to adjust VTA easily, and perhaps also fine pitch control.

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A