d6jg wrote:
> I read somewhere that vinyl sales in 2014 had increased dramatically.

It is always easy to do dramatic increase from "almost nothing" to "very
little" :)

"In November 2014, it was reported that over one million vinyl records
had been sold in the UK since the beginning of the year. Sales had not
reached this level since 1996. The British Phonographic Industry (BPI)
predicted that Christmas sales would bring the total for the year to
around 1.2 million. However, vinyl sales were still a very small
proportion of total music sales. Pink Floyd’s The Endless River became
the fastest-selling UK vinyl release of 2014 - and the fastest-selling
since 1997 - despite selling only 6,000 copies."

18428

|Filename: Screen-Shot-2013-05-02-at-23.13.37-500x255.png           |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18428|

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953