arnyk wrote:
> It appears that the fact that I correctly interpreted Ralph's post as
> being a response to Mnyb's questionable post may have missed you. IOW I
> treated it like it was a humorous (sarcastic) response.

Arny I have no idea what you're talking about. I wrote my post about
tags simply as a way to inject some humor into a thread that was fast
becoming a internet forum version of this Monty Python sketch (but
without the humor):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

On the other hand I started this thread to hopefully get a clear answer
to something that has been troubling and confusing me for quite some
time, which is the issue of jitter, as it is currently being "treated"
in the audiophile press. And it would appear that as usual the FUD
(fear, uncertainty and doubt) is being quite liberally tossed around.
Whenever I suspect FUD I try my best to educate myself as best I can on
the subject so that I can better cut through the FUD and get to the
truth. To paraphrase a well known advertising phrase:

In the case of high end audio an educated consumer is their WORST
customer.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos