arnyk wrote:
> I find it interesting that I can tell people outright that I saw the
> humor, and they still criticize me for not seeing it.
>
> What is unclear about:
>
> "IOW I treated it like it was a humorous (sarcastic) response."

Arny, there was absolutely nothing unclear about "IOW I treated it like
it was a humorous (sarcastic) response."

However what I was referring to when I wrote "I have no idea what you're
talking about" was the first quote above: "It appears that the fact that
I correctly interpreted Ralph's post as being a response to Mnyb's
questionable post may have missed you." Perhaps you can explain what
this means.

Please keep in mind that I'm not trying to pick a fight with you since I
am for the most part on your side with respect to the vast majority of
audiophile claims, claims that, more often than not, run counter to
science. I know that you have been fighting the good fight against the
anti-science audiophile crowd for longer than you might care to admit
and that you have gone into the lion's den more than once. And as is
always the case when one tries to speak truth to power, you have had
your character attacked and ridiculed.

That is the nature of the beast when it comes to truth, power and money
- many of these false audiophile claims are used as a basis for selling
a vastly overpriced and completely useless product and making lots and
lots of money. With money one is then able to buy protection, which in
the audiophile world is not some henchman willing to break a few bones,
but rather a few self appointed "experts" willing to write and publish
the most outrageous fictions in support of both the false claims and the
overpriced "solutions".

Now that I have a better understanding of jitter I can sit back and
watch as the audiophile "experts", working hand in hand with various
manufacturers, create a whole market segment dedicated to solving a
problem which doesn't exist. It's sad, funny and infuriating, all at the
same time.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos