rgro wrote:
> I would have to say, in reading it, that it's JS, the engineer.
> Particularly since the very first words of the introduction read,  "John
> Swenson is widely known as a gifted engineer...."
>
> I pass no judgement about the content of the tech-corner writings, btw,
> only the source--mainly since I don't have the knowledge to understand
> what he's talking about.   And, really, just based on style and content,
> do you honestly believe that the chap who wrote all that technical stuff
> is the same writer that writes the music reviews in Stereophile?

To answer your question "do you honestly believe that the chap who wrote
all that technical stuff is the same writer that writes the music
reviews in Stereophile?" :

Does it make a difference since a Stereophile writer and an "engineer"
who lets his name be used by UpTone Audio can't be all that different.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos