cliveb wrote:
> The way you phrase it implies that the conspiracy is being perpetrated
> by organisations and individuals who have full knowledge that they are
> lying and it is all nonsense.
>
> But I think that the vast majority of high-end audio manufacturers
> actually believe their own propaganda.
> Which in a way is even more shocking: the vendors of items of
> engineering don't actually understand the engineering they are
> delivering.
>
> Keep in mind Hanlon's razor: "never ascribe to malice that which can be
> explained by stupidity"?

Current understandings of perception and memory suggest that initially
these people may have been well-tutored in the basics, and knew them
very well. However, years of success with we might call  "Alternative
wisdom" has literally changed their minds.  The name John Atkinson
somehow comes to mind. ;-)