I've looked at Roon and am not sure I'm interested. Its two strong
points seem to be an attractive graphic interface and the ability to
bring its own, additional metadata (tags) to the party.

The first item is kind of a "meh" for me -- I play my stereo in order to
listen to music and the LMS/Squeezebox system works great for this. The
latter seems interesting, since it appears it'd add more info to what
I've collected in my own system, but then I'm currently not having too
hard a time finding the music I want to listen to.

So that's where I stand right now -- some interesting possibilities but
it hardly seems worth a $120 annual subscription or $500 fee up front.

Have I missed something?