cdmackay wrote:

> I fear that the intention was nothing of the sort. I believe the
> intention was nothing more than an attempt to hood-wink people into
> spending money on something they don't need, to solve a problem that
> doesn't exist, using a mixture of pseudo-science, unscientific tests,
> and corrupt mass-media. I don't believe there was any good intention
> behind it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rHcXP7PExksxZfkif3Rv2CT1Y_ESpNSv2b0nkKlBySk/edit#gid=0

This listing shows > 400 DACs on the marketplace, and those are just the
ones with DSD support. Obviously the market for DACs is fragmented
beyond belief, and vendors will add just about any feature to make their
products stand up above the huge crowd. The feature not be in any way
economical or effective, given that there are products being offered at
$36,000 and up.