Wombat wrote:
> It uses maybe around 20 scripts to check for art. You can easily compare
> in a preview the quality and size it finds on all these places with
> defined minimum size for example. You will see relying on one source
> only seldom gives best quality. On new releases the itunes or qobuz hits
> often are best. You may use one of its scripts for your project.
I have found using Amazon alone generally good enough for a squeezebox
touch display so I didn't bother looking any harder, but the above looks
great for filling in the gaps in your collection.

For scripting purposes the trickiest bit is getting the right search
terms. The cddb title/artist doesn't always match how it's listed on
Amazon or others, particularly for more unusual stuff or for EPs and so
on. I would say about 70% of discs I've ripped go straight through he
process and get the right metadata and correct album art without any
further intervention though.

Perhaps someone should extended CD Red Book to include a metadata
segment where artworks and a PDF of the booklet could be embedded.. (I
recently updated to an in-car CD player (the tape player broke about 10
years ago..) and was amazed to find it actually reads CD-Text for titles
and artist..!)