pablolie wrote:
> So if 90% of people were to admit they can't hear a difference no matter
> how hard they try, the best thing is to listen to the 10% who can, and
> if 6 of them get lucky, we've proven it's possible to tell a difference?
> :-)

Well .. yes .. for the parameters of the study. Assuming they get lucky
often enough to beat pure chance. In that case it seems likely that
either they *can* tell the difference in this trial or the trial is
broken. But like all hypotheses, you only need to find -one- person who
can consistently tell the difference and you have disproved the theory
that "no-one can tell the difference".. the debate then moves on to the
technicalia of the test itself ....

The debate will live forever.