Mnyb wrote:
> Can we get back to the original show ? This Euphony audio server .
> Anyone fished up some more info .
>
> As discussed, a drawback is that you are supposed to playback from the
> same machine ? There seems to be no remote endpionts in thier
> architecture ( which then removes all audio quality demands from the
> server ) and as consequence multiroom how is that suposed to work ?

Smoke and mirrors - all of it.

The classic configuration of a PC with a quality internal or USB audio
interface suffices for the ultimate in real-world quality audio.

The only jitter filtering that matters is in the DAC.  This idea of
using servers as jitter reducers is so far into overkill.

It is a testimonial to the fact that in 2016 we outinely build servers
that are smaller than a matchbook and cost $1.98 more or less.