arnyk wrote:
> Smoke and mirrors - all of it.
>
> The classic configuration of a PC with a quality internal or USB audio
> interface suffices for the ultimate in real-world quality audio.
>
> The only jitter filtering that matters is in the DAC.  This idea of
> using servers as jitter reducers is so far into overkill.
>
> It is a testimonial to the fact that in 2016 we outinely build servers
> that are smaller than a matchbook and cost $1.98 more or less.

Yes it does that's why i wonder if if they offer something else if it's
only play music from a computer but "better" ,I chalk them off as snake
oil .

A good soundcard should do it as you say and suitable software and
drivers ( that's a whole topic on its own setting up the machine to do
what your want . There some caveats and that's why I like the squeezebox
solution ) .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )