edwardthern wrote:
> Yes I know what the topic is about. But I am asking YOU why did you
> purchase gear that uses a transfer method that you don't believe in?
>
> MQA is nothing more than audiophile gimmick.

Then you missunderstod completely. ( sorry for the rubbish spelling, I
used the phone and not a native English speaker )

Digital transfers methods is the preferred way for me , for the obvious
reason that they are transparent and don't reduce SQ in any way .
Well the system is 24/96 that's the rate speaker operates at and the
processor . Some would cal that a limitation.
( hint it's not )

It's a lashup of the following digital transfer methods spdiff from the
squeezebox . MHR from the G98 via 3 parallel spdiff to the 621 . My G98
DVDA player also use a MHR link with 3 parallel spdif to the g68
processor
Meridian speakerlink to the speakers .

Speakerlink comes in two flavours spdiff cable and separate control
cable and integrated into a Ethernet cable ( data in one pair and
control signals in the other ) . The protocol is not Ethernet even if
Ethernet cables are used , it's basically twisted pair spdiff.

Ethernet is twisted pair low impedance current transfer often via
transformer couplers at each end .
I.e. You can have very long cables ,that's suitable for speakers . This
system works if the cable is up to some modern catX spec , it's
basically the same cable design wise but the CAT spec is tighter .

But in the speakerlink case the stress for sending spdiff audio in this
way is much lower than network traffic frequency is much much lower and
signal is not so dense .

I use Cat5e patch cables as this is my 3 front speakers . Of course no
name cables , as thier is no point in fancy digital cables , it's not
how things work .

Spdiff cables ar a mixed bag the frebies meridian sent and sometimes
Marcus cable who is some coax probably belden with canare RCA connectors
made for spdiff , similar to what blue jean cable builds .

Again here it is coax spdiff cables at 75 ohm this actually reuses the
coax video standard . Again with much lower demands than
Video spdiff only uses a fraction of the bandwith a 75 ohm coax is
capable of .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )