pablolie wrote:
> All totally correct. We should all be aware there are far more critical
> applications out there, and bit loss would be unacceptable (which is why
> one also has correction and error detection codes thrown in). The stuff
> works, period. And there's absolutely no way the same identical digital
> frame will sound better in analog because of any characteristic of the
> digital signal. It just doesn't happen.

As a (very) occasional reader (and even less commenter) of such threads,
I'm afraid that it's hopeless to try to give the correct explanation.
Most people do not understand the fundamental difference between
analogue and digital. As said in another thread, you can chose to
represent your binary information using orange vs apple, black smoke vs
white smoke, any sort of modulated radiowave, light (which is the same)
or any support you want, as long as you use the proper error correction
code (and theory of information give you all the mathematical tools to
chose the right one), this does not change anything. The support/carrier
does not influence the information, where in analogue it does.

LMS 7.7.5 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos 2xPLAY:1,
PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBMC, Foobar2000, XBoxOne,
JRiver 21, Chromecast Audio, Chromecast v1, Pi B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+,
Odroid-C1, Cubie2