ralphpnj wrote:

> The integration of various kinds of information about a recording within
> a music app will continue to improve so that in the future when
> listening to a given piece of music one will , hopefully, be able to
> quickly access all of the this information and fully explore the related
> music. Think hyperlinks but in a musically relevant kind of way. For
> example when listening to a Miles Davis track, one will easily be able
> to explore music by any of the musicians playing on the track along with
> other music from the same time period, all via a few simple clicks.

This is one of the nice things about Roon (that I've trialed).  The UI
on an album or song has a tremendous amount of info at your fingertips.
I see the atist, composer, etc. It shows me other albums the artist or
composer appears on, other artists that have done the same song, etc.
Too much to list. And all accessible by clicks.  I learn cool stuff. For
example, I'm playing the first YES album from 1969, and then it is
showing me that the track "I see You" was composed by Crosby and McGuinn
and also appears in my library on the Byrds Box set from 1998 (and if I
click on this, it takes me to play that track on the Byrds album).
None of this is critical to my listening, but the showing of all the
various connections in my library is kinda cool.

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.9 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
(all ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.9 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win8(64) > LMS 7.9 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win8(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify