arnyk wrote:
> Not only is it possible, in the case of audio electronics burn in, it is
> certain.
>
> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1401514
>
> https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/55ea/6a249bbd13570213e217e9ad9cb1ddc2fc9e.pdf
>
> etc.
>
> search string: perceptual acclimatization

Morning Arny!

Do you think that my symptoms, given my relatively advanced age, are
sufficiently severe that I should actively seek medical assistance?

TBH, my experiences with the medical profession in the past suggest that
they have little more to offer me that our cash-strapped NHS would
actually be willing to pay for...

Listening to a 2009 re-master of King Crimson's "21st Century Schizoid
Man" just now & reflecting on the bizarre way in which Life seemingly
often imitates Art.

Dave (mildly concerned, not actually- worried-​, yet - no suitable
emoticon available for this feeling)