Julf wrote:
> Reading that makes me happy - have seen too many "why keep ranting about
> all that double blind stuff, nobody will change their mind anyway"
> comments lately...

I am equally delighted to ascribe differences between *-different-*
versions of an original recording to mastering issues, and have also
made it clear that I am sceptical about the provenance of many so-called
"Hi-Res" recordings presented in a larger PCM box than 16bit/44.1kHz.

I remain open-minded about the potential of such PCM formats themselves,
although I can recognise that this is a minority position on this
forum...

What I remain unable to account for is my persistent & increasing
perception that the musical quality of the *-same-* versions of original
recordings has improved since I reorganised the way that my Transporter
output is processed in my own music system. *-That-* is what my proposed
double-blind ABX test is designed to investigate.

Just so we're clear.

Dave :)