cliveb wrote:
> After everything I've seen emerge about MQA, it's becoming increasingly
> clear that it is a cynical attempt to extract more cash from punters
> through FUD.
>
> The people who have built this system almost certainly know full well
> that it's all a bunch of smoke and mirrors.
> And they also know that if you present the right kind of pseudo-science
> to the right kind of audiophile and then get them to do a sighted
> comparison, they will hear an improvement due to their expectations
> based on the hoodwinkery they've been exposed to.
>
> This is just blatent, shameful scamming of the public. If they were in
> the financial or pharmaceutical industry they'd probably be a in jail by
> now.

Not only is it an effort to extract more money, but it's also IMO yet
another effort at DRM enforcement. Add to this e.g. the trend for
disappearing 3.5mm jacks on smartphones, the current number one playback
device for a whole generation of (admittedly non-audiophile) music
"consumers" ...

Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004; TMA Premium 905; TMA Premium 901;
BK Monolith+ FF; HDI Dune Smart D1; Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
Car: BananaPi LMS + Squeezeplayer on Android phone - Controller TBD ...