True enough. Further, noting that the SNR of even a top end 24 or 32 bit
DAC is rarely much greater than about 20 bits (making the high bit count
designation totally pointless), it seems likely that you really only get
about 6-8 bits digital attenuation before you lose something into noise.
Whether this is audible is not something I'd care to debate however.
It's not something I'd choose to run with on a reference system though.

-Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk-

--
Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with
Debian+LMS 7.9.0