sota748 wrote:
> DAC`s i didnĀ“t know, Can you anything about the sound from them?

Hi Dan,

My needs are more modest than yours I'm sure; I'm a "good sound at a not
painful price" sort.

That said you might want to experiment a bit more (as you have been)
before committing which is why I threw out the inexpensive DAC idea.

You could incrementally experiment with a Pi4 by acquiring a digital
output hat supporting at least Coax output and feed that to -> your
existing DAC. If you are happy with that, based on your first post it
seems you'll need a second DAC.

The Topping brand ranges from the inexpensive but well-reviewed and
beyond. You'll find all manner of DAC brands reviewed on Audio Science
Review:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?forums/digital-to-analog-dac-review-and-discussion.10/

They are generally technical reviews not audiophile but may serve as a
good starting point for exploration. The entry-level Topping units offer
good value and surprisingly good technical performance. I haven't bought
one yet but intend to and look forward to comparing it to my now some
years old Schiit DAC. I'll probably get the low-cost Topping E30 which
is readily available here in Canada (edit, ordering it now for the
family entertainment centre, or my office, whichever use case wins ;-) )
- it has 3 digital inputs (USB, TOSLINK and Coax S/PDIF) selectable from
the front panel. No balanced output, only RCA - they do have units with
XLR out.

Best of luck with your streaming system build - have fun!